· A driving force of musical dissent in the s, Phil Ochs () and his musical legacy are ripe for a new audience in the Age of Trump. Though he wrote and passionately sang topical songs (“Talking Vietnam”, “Talking Cuban Crisis,” etc.), many of his songs (“I Ain’t Marchin’ Anymore”, “I’m Going to Say It Now,” “Power and Glory”) will last as long as music is.
· "Phil Ochs: There But for Fortune" plays Monday, January 23, at 10 pm EST/PST on PBS American Masters. It will thereafter be available via PBS On Demand, and is currently on Netflix Instant and DVD. "Mistakes are lodged like harpoons and fish hooks in an intelligent person's soul," says one friend of political folk singer Phil Ochsof the deep depression that eventually led him to suicide in
· Phil Ochs Speaks (Spoken) Phil Ochs. Phil Ochs Ramblin' Boy Tom Paxton Tom Rush Tom Rush The Essential Leonard Cohen Leonard Cohen Where Have All the Flowers Gone: The Songs of Pete Seeger Various Artists.
· Phil Ochs is the mystery in Glover’s telling, and I am wondering about him (and Glover), what he thought he was doing getting tangled up with shadowy intelligence operatives, how that awakening knowledge subsequently affected him, how he responded, and what place guilt and fear played in his post life and death.
· Phil Ochs, Joan Baez, and Bob Dylan were the most important and influential musical voices of the Sixties protest movement that encompassed civil rights, anti-war, feminism, political reform, and a general questioning of blind faith in authority. The stakes are too high. That he still speaks to us today is a monument to his art and his.
Ich Zeige Dir Das Paradies - Costa Cordalis - Costa Cordalis (Vinyl) As The World Turns Hollow Of The Night - The Monks Kitchen - Music From The Monks Kitchen (Vinyl, LP, Album)